Tuesday, September 22, 2009

New Callings and a Promotion!

Mike and I recently transferred to a different ward in our stake because there are several deaf members in that ward. They already have intrepreters there which makes it very nice for both of us:) (Mike gets to hear everything without feeling guilty for asking me to interpret).

Our new bishop (who was our Bishop in our ward when we fist moved here before they changed the ward boundaries) wasted no time giving us callings:) Mike is now working with the young men on their Duty to God awards. He's loving it! Next month is his first campout with them (we'll see how much he loves it then - it already snowed here once!) I am the Relief Society assistant secretary until the current secretary moves in a week. Then guess what calling I'll have? Haha. I'm really enjoying my calling too. It keeps me busy!

In other exciting news, I got a promotion at work. I'm now a lead teacher for the Early Intervention classroom! Our school is growing so fast they opened up this position and I got it:) It will be really fun to oversee several kids le
sson plans, write their monthly reports, and meet with parents to address any concerns at home. I'm excited:)

Meanwhile, Hazel is doing great! She's as cute as ever, and she smiles more
everyday. This week she discovered that holding toys is very fun! She'll hold them for a bit, stick them in her mouth, and stare at them. She's soooooooo cute!

4 comments:

Katie said...

that is so great about the promotion! congrats!!! with as much as you love those kids, you totally deserve it! and you are right about hazel... she is adorable!

Jessica Edwards said...

Congrats! Sounds like everything is going great and your precious daughter couldn't be any cuter!

Mily said...

Congratulations on your new callings and your awesome new promotion Justine! Must be exciting! We miss you in our ward though! :(

BreAn said...

Glad everything is going well for you guys! Hazel is adorable!