Hazel turned 6 months old last week! I can't believe how fast the time has gone. At her well-baby checkup on Wednesday she was a petite 14.5 pounds and 26 1/4 inches. She's very strong though.
It's so fun to watch Hazel as her personality develops. Already she is a very opinionated girl. For example, she sleeps with her pacifier and this giraffe toy. Well, if she decides she doesn't want to sleep at that moment, she will throw her giraffe then throw her binkie! I think we are going to have our hands full when she's 2.
Hazel cut her first two teeth this week. She was amazingly good for cutting two teeth at the same time. Mostly she just babbled in a very loud voice all day (Mike said she was very "bossy")
Hazel eats several foods now and loves to feed herself graham crackers. Unfortunately she decided that there is simply not enough time in her busy schedule to sit down and nurse for more than a minute or two. To her bottles are not only much easier but also much more fun because she can see the world. So, I'm in the process of weaning her. It makes me sad, but I must say it's very nice not to spend my lunch break in the furnace room at work pumping.
Hazel is starting to understand signs. It is so funny - sometimes she "talks" by moving her mouth but without making any noise. I'm not sure if all babies do this or if she just does it because she understands we sometimes talk without making any sound. Either way, it's adorable.
We love having this cute little thing around!
1 comment:
How adorable Hazel is! :) sign-babbling is so cute!
Post a Comment