Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Say What?

After much thought and much prayer, a decision was reached. For a long time, years to be more precise, I have wrestled with this decision, but since have found peace and comfort. Daily scripture study and frequent Temple attendance has given me insight in what is right for me.

In August, I received a blessing from my wonderful Bishop who has since counseled me in trusting my Father in Heaven more. I felt that if I am going to listen to Him, I best do so with not just with an open mind, but with an open heart.

Sometimes, there is peace when you dive into the deep end of the pool. I dove in, and came up feeling peace, hope and love from my Heavenly Father, and my sweet wife, Justine. I thank them for their love and support.

Say what? Surgery? Me? I've never had surgery in my life (that I know of or remember), if you don't count getting wisdom teeth removed.

Coming soon, November 24th, to a hospital in Denver ... (lights dim and soft, dramatic music in the background) ... is a cochlear implant.

3 comments:

kaylers said...

Oh wow! What a huge step! Good luck Mike. I hope it goes well. Please let me know how it turns out.

~Kayley

PS Hazel is adorable! I love looking at the pictures you and Justine post.

Rachel said...

Mike, I think it's incredible you're going forward with something so big! Good for you for seeking help in all the right places. =). I hope you continue to feel the peace and comfort that led you to this decision, and that everything goes perfectly!

BreAn said...

Wow that IS a big step. Good for you for involving the Lord in your decision. And with how much you've prayed and pondered, you'll never have to ask if what you did was right, you'll just know.
Best of luck with the surgery and the new experience. I've never actually asked someone what a cochlear implant is like so I'd be interested in hearing what you have to say...you know, after you have it put in.
Prayers are with you and your family!

P.S. Hazel is getting SO big! Shes adorable.