Wednesday, December 1, 2010

So Much to be Thankful For

Thanksgiving this year was different, but very nice all the same. We truly have so many things in our lives to be thankful for. Here are just a few....

- Our fun, little family and the fact that it's an eternal family
- Our membership in the Church
- My job and the opportunity for Mike to go to school
-Mike's implant - from the insurance approval to the surgery everything went as smoothly as possible and we couldn't be more thankful.
- Our wonderful, supportive families - Mike's brother drove all the way from Utah to be here for his surgery. Thanks TJ!
- Food on the table, a roof over our heads, and so much more than we actually need
- Hazel who is happy, healthy, and developing normally. She recently learned to open pen caps and I was so annoyed because of the inconvenience to me. Then I thought of some of the kids I work with who struggle to learn basic skills like that and I was so thankful she is learning and developing so well.
- Our Savior, Jesus Christ, who's atonement gives purpose and direction to our lives
- The freedoms we enjoy in this country and all the men and women who fight to protect our land
- The newest Harry Potter movie:)

Like I said, this is such a small portion of the things we have to be thankful for. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving break with lots of family time, turkey, and fun. On Friday Hazel and I went and hunted down our Christmas tree which looks beautiful in our apartment. Enjoy some pictures...









No comments: