Monday, April 18, 2011

Life Lately...

Since I use this blog as a type of family journal, I wanted to post some updates on our life lately....


Mike just finished coaching his club volleyball team this past week. It was definitely a good experience for him, but he is glad the season is over too. He had a total of 3 full weekends (Thursday - Sunday) out of town plus several day long tournaments in Denver which made it pretty busy. I think he enjoyed coaching the girls through.

Otherwise, he's busy with school. He also has a new calling as the Elder's quorum secretary which he is excited about.


I have been busy using all of my spare time to study for my test. It's officially scheduled for May 21st. I will be glad to just take it and get it over with. So far this pregnancy has been much like Hazel's - fairly easy:) I did have a scare though about 2 weeks ago. I was having some odd pain/pressure in my pelvis that just didn't feel right. I felt it all day on Sunday despite lying down and trying to take it easy. I told my doctor about it on Monday at my normal appointment, and she said to call if I had that same feeling again. Well Tuesday I started feeling the same pressure/pain again so I called and she sent me to labor and delivery to be checked out. Thankfully, they found that nothing was wrong. The best explanation they could come up with was the baby was sitting very low and pressing on my nerves which were mimicking symptoms of pre-term labor. I didn't care much what was causing it - I was just so thankful nothing was wrong. After about a week, she moved and I've been feeling much better since. Whew!

Saturday was my work's annual 5K Run/Walk fundraiser. We had a blast! Hazel ran in the children's race before and then insisted on walking the actual 5K as well. Between her and my parent's old dog Nellie, we decided to turn back early:) It's a good thing we did. Hazel would have been fine, but poor Nellie could barely move by the end. My parent's had brought the wagon so she could ride when she got tired, but Nellie refused.



Now to the cutest part of our family....

I could blog all day about Hazel. She just gets smarter and cuter every day! Today I took her in for a check up (I'm a bad mom and completely spaced her 18 month well child check up. It was only when I called to get a current immunization record for her daycare that I realized she wasn't up to date on her shots. Oops!) Anyways, she is in the 97th percentile for her height (35 1/2 inches) but only the 10th percentile for her weight (22 lbs 7oz). Haha, such a tall, skinny girl! She makes us all jealous!

She says the cutest things all the time. The other night when I got home from work, she grabbed my purse and my lunchbox and started walking to the door saying "Bye! Hazel work." Haha!

Potty training has gone so well! She is doing great and tells us when she has to go. It was almost too easy with her. I honestly feel like she pretty much trained herself. We gave her a stear in the right direction and she ran with it. I can only hope all my kids will be so easy (though I'm not counting on it). Number 2 took a bit longer to get down, but we're going on 4 days with no poop accidents:) The other night she didn't even want to put a diaper on for bed. I told her she didn't have to, but she had to keep her panties dry. Once she was asleep I snuck in and put the diaper on so she wouldn't pee the bed. The next morning I got her up as usual but didn't remember to take her to the potty for about a half an hour. When I went to take off her diaper she was dry! I couldn't believe it! We'll still keep her in diapers at night until she moves out of her crib because most mornings she wakes up wet, but I was amazed she listened and didn't pee since she thought she was in panties.

Here's Hazel at the walk on Saturday. I wish I knew what she was thinking in this picture....
One more adorable Hazel story. The other day I was talking to her about how this week we were going to drive to Utah with Gram and Grandpa. We would see Gabby and Jake, Aunt Holly, Aunt Angel, cousin Haley, etc, etc. Then she looked at me and said/signed "Ha-son?" (aka Harrison, my brother who is on a mission). I thought it was adorable she realized Harrison was a family member we hadn't seen for a while and asked if we would see him. It almost brought tears to my eyes to tell her, no we wouldn't see him because he was on his mission. She then said "No Ha-son. Hazel sad." Ohhhh, melt my heart!

That's the news from us (sorry it was sort of scattered). I should stop procrastinating the dishes and studying, but blogging is so much more fun sometimes. Utah pictures to follow soon...

No comments: