Sweet Hazel
Eliza is signing "cute" in this picture. I love it!
Then they got a bit crazy...
Friday afternoon we dyed Easter eggs. The girls were so excited for this.
Then on Saturday they got dressed in their new matching dresses for the city egg hunt. I can't tell you how thankful I am for all of the people who spoil my children with cute clothes. Seriously, they are lifesavers!
Hazel was so excited for church on Sunday and to wear her new Easter dress from my mom. She insisted that she needed curls. This is the second time I've done rag curls with her. They turn out adorable first thing in the morning but the poor girl got her daddy's hair and by noon the curls are all but gone. Oh well, she LOVES them anyways.
Now for the home egg hunt stories... Since Mike has gone gluten-free I've been working hard to eliminate a lot of the processed food from all of our diets. In addition to the real eggs the girls dyed, the Easter bunny hid plastic eggs with trail mix and a few small candies (that they had picked up at the city egg hunt - yep I'm a good mom like that haha). I was so proud of myself for eliminating most of the candy from Easter without one word of compliant! But then the Easter bunny hid candy at my parent's house too. My master plan was ruined! Oh well.
During the egg hunt at my parent's house, Michael's brother TJ saw Eliza going for a lose Snickers bar (most of the candy was in eggs but some was just on the floor). He told her it was yucky and to bring it to Uncle TJ. Eliza obediently brought it to TJ. The hilarious part was after that every time she found another Snickers she picked it up saying "Yucky! Yucky!" and walked it over to him. TJ ended up with at least 11 mini Snickers thanks to her!
Here are the girls in their Easter dresses from Gram. Sadly this was the best picture I got of the two of them.
Hazel, Brenna, and Eliza
All of the festivities and new clothes were fun but certainly the highlight of the weekend was remembering the Resurrection of our Savior. This year I felt especially thankful as I pondered how my life would be if I didn't know the truth. Could you imagine not knowing that you would live again and see your children again someday? I am so thankful for the knowledge we have!
1 comment:
Love their Easter dresses! Amelia loves curls too even though they never stay long. I should try rag curls!
Post a Comment