Sunday, January 5, 2014

Christmas 2013

This year Christmas was wonderful. We spent Christmas Eve with all of my family then spent a nice quiet Christmas Day at home. It was a perfect balance of celebration and remembering the true reason for the season - our Savior Jesus Christ.

Christmas Eve in our family always means Mexican food and this year did not disappoint! I also set up a short Nativity because Hazel really wanted to act one out. When Harrison, Gabby, and I were kids we would plan and present a little nativity each year. So it was really fun to bring that back tradition with the next generation!

The angels minus Eliza who was being a sad little angel.
"Pregnant" Mary and me.
Mary and Joseph. Thanks to Rebecca's mom for the awesome costumes!
 The boys also had some fun on Christmas eve playing with Nerf guns. My brother-in-law Jake's family had a Nerf battle planned for Christmas day so he wanted to prepare. I was shocked how much the girls enjoyed the Nerf guns. Eliza was especially good at aiming and shooting them.

Then the girls opened gifts from my parents and we headed home so set out milk and cookies for Santa. They went to bed quickly with all the Christmas magic in the air. I love watching kids experience Christmas. It is the best!
Gabby and my Mom made the girls the most adorable "big sister" blankets. They LOVE them!

Christmas morning we took exactly 3 pictures haha. The girls loved their little surprises from Santa and the couple of gifts we had gotten them. We choose to keep Christmas small again this year and I think we'll stick to it every year. It's exciting but doesn't become only about the gifts.


Then we hosted a brunch at our home for a few people in the ward with no family in town. We enjoyed it so much I think it will become a yearly tradition. The rest of the day was spent enjoying time together and new toys.

I am so thankful for this Christmas season. I truly felt supported and sustained through the whole month of December and it was a wonderful reminder of all our Savior does for us. We are so blessed to have Him and the knowledge of His divine purpose here on earth.

No comments: