Hazel was the first to head back to school. She started 1st grade this year with Mrs. Zimmerman. I cannot tell you how excited she was to get back to school. She thrives off a routine and loves learning. She picked out her outfit and insisted on wearing her hair in a high bun. She looks so grown up to me! This year I get a lot less out of her when I ask her about her day. She told me, "Mom, you know what I do at school."
Sweet Eliza started pre-school the following week. Here is Iowa 4-year-old pre-K is part of the free public education system so Eliza goes to school in the same building as Hazel. She's there in the afternoons four days a week. She was so, so, so excited to go to school like a big kid! I was a bit worried she would be shy or afraid, but she wasn't at all. Eliza has really come out of her shell. She had to dress in her signature color of course with her yellow skirt from Gram and her big yellow ribbon. I love all the pictures I caught of her because you can see just how excited she is! She came home from her first day most excited about playing a game with "Grandpa Randy" the foster grandparent that works in the class room. How neat is it that they use grandparents to help out in the classroom? She also loves her teacher Miss Stacy and the aid Mrs. Jenn.
Last to start school was this handsome guy. His first day of his Doctorate was last Saturday. A lot of his work is done online then they meet in person several days per semester. He has been very excited to get going school again. It's been intense though! Lots of reading and time invested. already. I'm amazed at his work ethic. Michael has been carefully budgeting him time at ISU to complete all of his work during then day. Then he comes home about 5:30 and enjoys dinner and playing with the girls. Once they're off to bed, he hits the books for a few hours. He is also back on the High Counsel for our Stake so he has plenty of church duties as well. But he does it with a smile. I sure do love him!
Last but not least Lenora started nursery last month! She was old enough to start while we were in Utah but it was just not happening with people she didn't know. Once we got back in town though she's done well adjusting. She is at such a cute age right now. Her language has exploded. She is literally starting to talk and sign in sentences. Today she told me "No Yaya mine puzzle" when Kiara tried to sit on her puzzle. Having Hazel gone again all day and Eliza half the day has been an adjustment for her though. She naps almost the whole time Eliza is gone but as soon as she wakes up she's asking "Zi-za?" (Eliza) and "Hazey?" (Hazel)
Now that kids are back in school it's time for me to really get ready for this baby! My goal is to get every corner of the house really well organized. Now that we've been here almost a year I feel like I can safely start getting rid of those things we really "need" but haven't touched haha. I was also called as the Primary President at the end of July so that is keeping me busy, busy.
Life is good! The school routine is still novel and exciting. We're all adjusting well. And in a few short weeks we'll be welcoming a baby to the mix. It might just get crazy, but we love crazy!
No comments:
Post a Comment