Friday, May 20, 2016

Five Things for Friday: This and That

- 1 - 
The girls learning Hawaiian dancing. The other day Michael also had them watching YouTube videos on how to county line dance. They are so adorable!

- 2 - 
The girls found a princess hairstyles book at the library that teaches you how to do all these fancy hairstyles. Most of them I refused to even try because they'd take at least an hour. However, we did find a few that weren't too complicated. The girls loved feeling like princesses. 

On a side note, I caught this picture of Hazel and Eliza after church while we were baking cookies. I love this picture! Eliza's little smirk, the bond you can sense between them, how beautiful and grown up they both look. My little girls are growing up! Someday all too soon they'll be young women, then young moms... It's not an easy world they will be facing, but I'm so thankful they have each other to lean on.

- 3 - 
I feel like I'm slowly getting the hang of having four kids down. It's still so busy, and someone always needs something! But I love it! I remember after Eliza was born, I felt brave and took both girls to run errands. We went to the bank and one other short stop, and I felt so proud of myself for surviving an outing with two kids. Looking back it's sort of funny - now I can take all four of them swimming by myself and not be phased. It's incredible how the Lord helps expand our abilities to meet our circumstances. 

This was Orson's first time in the pool and he loved it! I think he'll be a water boy just like Michael.

- 4 - 
Eliza and Lenora are in the adorable phase where they are just best friends. They play all morning while Eliza's home from preschool. They're almost always playing house. Lenora calls Eliza "mother," and Eliza bosses her around. There are often bad guys to be conquered, and, of course, lots of silliness. Sometimes I'm not allowed to help Lenora, only "mother" can. 

The other day Eliza was trying to get Lenora to go upstairs and get her a teddy bear. Lenora grabbed the bear she was holding tightly and said, "I"m hugging my bear with both hand so I can't carry yours!" 

One other cute Eliza story... Yesterday she asked me how I did something, and I replied "magic." She said moms don't have magic, but I assured her we do. That's how our kisses are able to help boo-boos feel better. Then she looked at me, smiled, and said, "Mom, there's not really magic on earth - only priesthood power!" Wow Eliza, you got me! Thanks for your amazing testimony and example sweet girl. 

  - 5 - 
Michael is done with another semester of school! That puts him at 1/3 of a way done with his course work. It has been exhausting for him and for us, but it will be worth it. Right? That's what we keep telling ourselves. And here's Michael's picture.... 

The girls were watching the slideshow from our wedding and we saw this picture. I still cannot get over how much Orson looks like him! 

No comments: