Thursday, September 14, 2017

End of Pregnancy Musings

We're having a baby soon. Like, in the next few weeks soon.  Somehow I can seem to believe it's already time for this little boy to be born! I usually get to the last month of pregnancy and count down the seconds until the baby arrives. But this time it's different. Having just moved, not knowing many people, and still settling in have me wishing I had a bit more time. In many ways, I'm more nervous to have my 5th baby than my 1st (or any of the others for that matter). Why? I guess I really know what I'm getting in to - delivery, recovery, those first few sleepless months, juggling nursing with the demands of older kids. I'm also nervous about what we'll do with the older kids while I'm in labor. We've had plenty of offers to help, but I know I'll feel bad calling someone up and "inconveniencing" them especially if it's the middle of the night.

Don't get me wrong, I'm more than ready to be done with pregnancy. I feel huge and moving around is tough! I've never made it to 39 weeks pregnant, but this time I'm refusing to have the baby before that. (haha is that allowed?) For one thing, the Women's Session of General Conference is September 23rd (38w 6d for me). Since Hazel is 8 now, she's old enough to attend. She has been looking forward to it for years! We already have plans to go out for Mexican food and then watch the broadcast. Also, September 24th is the Primary Program. It is always my favorite meeting of the year, and I'm not missing Hazel and Eliza's parts. So baby, I'd appreciate it if you'd stay put until at least September 25th. Thank you!

Despite my nervousness, I'm truly excited to meet this little boy. All along I've sensed he has a very special spirit. I really can't say why or how I know, I just feel there's something very special about him. A good friend and I once mused about how children are placed with families. She shared her feelings that some spirits are assigned long in advance to come to specific homes, but others are almost like a gift from Heavenly Father. This baby feels like a gift to me. Maybe it's because so many of the best gifts we receive are ones that are unexpected and something we hadn't even known we wanted. Five children were never in my plans! Yet, I already feel so blessed to have them!

Sweet little boy, we can't wait to meet you. (Yes, you do have a name and I love it! But we'll keep it a surprise for a bit longer). I'm terrified to be a mother of five, and yet I can't wait. Somehow, your arrival and adjusting to this new responsibility will work out more perfectly than I can imagine now.

No comments: