Easter was especially wonderful this year. Of course we did fun things like dying eggs, crafts from Gram, and an egg hunt on Saturday. Having a whole acre to hide the eggs was awesome! It took well over 20 minutes to find them all, and a week later we're still finding random eggs in the backyard.
Conrad even got in on the candy hunting action. Michael had left a bag of candy near him on the bed. The next thing we know, he'd dumped the bag and was trying to eat the candy!
But what truly made this Easter wonderful was that it coincided with a very special General Conference. During the Saturday morning session we were able to participate in a Solemn Assembly to sustain our new prophet President Russell M. Nelson. It was truly special, and the spirit strongly witnessed that he is the true and living prophet on the earth today.
Hazel dutifully watched each session and took notes. It was incredible to see her becoming more exciting and engaged in Conference. Her notes from the Solemn Assembly were beautiful and with her permission I'm recording them here.
"Sustaining our new Prophet Russell M. Nelson. All 12 apostles say yes. Daddy says yes. Mommy says yes. I say yes. Everyone in our family says yes. Most say yes. I don't know about elsewhere in the world but I know by the TV. I know he is the prophet. I feel the spirit say yes Once again, I say yes. This is so special. This is called a Solemn Assembly."It couldn't have been a better Easter weekend







No comments:
Post a Comment