Michael's grandma celebrated her 95th birthday the day before Thanksgiving. It's not often you get to wish your grandma a happy 95th birthday, so we decided he should fly out to celebrate with her and his family. We wished we all could go, but flying is just too expensive for everyone and it's too short of a break to drive out. Michael had a great visit with his family and loved being there for the party. Grandma makes 95 look good!
While Michael was gone, the kids and I enjoyed a fun week. The weather was wonderful so we played outside, hiked, and enjoyed lots of free time. Lenora had some cavities to get filled. She was SO good! This girl is a tough cookie, and I love that about her!
On Thanksgiving day we joined our friends the Flidnts for a moms and kids Thanksgiving. Their dad is a pilot and was working so it was just Amber and I with our ten total kids. Sounds crazy but it was a blast!
I don't have many pictures of the girls because they were playing and having fun with friends. Conrad enjoyed helping make the rolls. Orson loved the pie!
Once Michael was back in town we planned to have a family Thanksgiving. Things didn't quite go according to plan though because Michael ended up taking his very ill co-worker to the ER instead. It was a bit of a bummer, but his co-worker needed him more that evening. He was dangerously ill with a septic blood infection, and if Michael hadn't taken him that night, I'm not sure what would have happened.
While it wasn't the ideal Thanksgiving, it was a wonderful one. Wonderful because we were reminded how many blessing we have. I'm so thankful for the life we have right now. It is busy and messy and exhausting and loud, but it's also so full of fun and love and laughter. That combined with our knowledge of the gospel and our Savior makes all our days (even the tricky ones) filled with blessings too numerous to count.








No comments:
Post a Comment