Conrad keeps us all on our toes. He's fiercely independent and crazy strong. In the last week he climbed the ladder at the park all by himself....
.... and he opened the step stool, moved it over to counter, climbed up, and started helping himself to a snack.
He LOVES our chickens. Any time he sees them of a picture of a chicken in a book he screams ci-KEE. Always a scream and always with emphasis on the KEE part.
He also LOVES to be outside and is constantly brining me his shoes. If no one will help him with his shoes he helps himself to whatever shoes he finds. If you take off his shoes, he cries.
Here's the look you get when it's time to go inside.
Conrad loves to play with balls. He has quite the arm on him too!
But hands down his favorite things to play with are Hot-wheels. We have a small loop track that you pull back to reset. He was always recruiting people to reset it for him, but recently he's figured out how to do it all on his own. Last week the kids were invited to a birthday party at Chuck-E-Cheese, and Conrad was in heaven with all the car rides.
My favorite things about both of these little boys is how they play so hard and tough, but they still have the sweetest most tender hearts. Conrad is an awesome little cuddler. When he wakes up he always wants to cuddle for a bit before he will do anything else. He's also developed a love for that little white bear he's holding. The girls named it Blaire and decided it's a girl so they gave her a bracelet as a collar. Once they wanted their bracelet back Conrad decided he liked it too much and would NOT give it up. Guess who owns the bracelet/collar now?
Another fun thing Conrad does right now is help himself to fruit when he's hungry. He will open up the fridge, grab a piece of fruit from the drawer, and start chowing down. This boy loves fruit! Actually he just loves to eat!
Conrad started nursery last Sunday. He walked right in, found the cars, and that was that. He didn't even look back or think about being sad. I'm glad he loves nursery because he's WAY too busy to keep in class.
Then there's our sweet Mr. Orson. Orson, you're kind. You're funny. You're a total goofball. You're an awesome little brother to your sisters and a great big brother to Conrad. You're the best builder guy, superhero, and strong man I've ever met.
He's in that three-year-old stage that can be a challenge sometimes, especially when he's tired. During one especially tough week we'd had lots of talks about using our words instead of screaming to get our way. Well one day at lunch Orson starting whining when I told him he couldn't have a PBJ because we were having something else. It was close to nap time and he started carrying on about it. Then all the sudden it was like a lightbulb went off in his head. He calmed down then walked over and sats on the step stool with his arms politely folded near the peanut butter. I thought this was his silent protest so I didn't give him much attention. But after almost 10 minutes I asked him what he was doing. He said, "I'm being nice and using my words because I really want a PBJ please." How can you not reward such an honest and sincere effort to be better and do better? In the end, what started as a three-year-old tantrum turned in to an incredible reminder to me that we should be more humble, more teachable, and more willing to do better. Thanks Orson!
Orson loves to build things! He has his own play tools and will carry them around "fixing" things and playing "builder guy." Over spring break we installed a new laminate floor, and Orson loved helping us!
He's also been learning to ride his bike. I was impressed when he kept up with the girls for a bike ride around the neighborhood. Obviously he still has training wheels, but he peddles and directs all on his own.
Overall I consider Orson a pretty calm boy, but he sure has a silly side sometimes! He loves to make up funny words and silly faces. He will run and jump around you like a silly monkey. My absolute favorite thing Orson does right now is give giant hugs while saying "I could squeeze you forever!" in the silly voice from the Trolls movie. Sometimes he's silly when he does it, but more often he's sincere and it melts my heart every time.
I love these little boys to bits. I wouldn't trade them, messes and all, for anything!






















No comments:
Post a Comment