Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Wonder and Awe


Some days I look at my kids in awe. I marvel at how quickly they've grown. Their poise and good looks. I marvel that there are five of them! I marvel at how much mess and snot and chaos they create. I marvel that they can bicker so much and yet love so deeply. I marvel at all they are learning, and all they are teaching me. 

Occasionally I catch small glimpses of their true glory and the gifts they've brought with them to this life. 

Hazel is full of confidence, intelligence, leadership, service.

Eliza is competitive, tender-hearted, a lover of animals, innovative, and creative. 

Lenora brings peace, kindness, love and forgiveness, quiet friendship, and laughter.

Orson is affectionate, fun, obedient, diligent, and unafraid. 

Even in Conrad I see talents developing. He is resourceful, independent, assertive, loving, and energetic. 

And when I catch these glimpses, I marvel at the greatness of their souls and the incredible potential that they have. I'm also marvel at what each of us could accomplish if we only remembered the innate gifts we possess. If only we could see ourselves the way mother's see their children which pales in comparison to the way God see each of us! 

No comments: