Sunday, January 10, 2021

2020 Tree Cutting Adventure!


Last year I dragged our family on a tree cutting adventure in hopes of reliving my wonderful childhood memories of fun outings in the woods and magical, twelve-foot tall Christmas trees. It ended with an adventure we'll never forget, but not exactly how I'd envisioned our day (read it here)

This year though, our tree hunt was picture perfect! The weather was ideal, the location peaceful and stunning, and we had an amazingly fun time. The kids and Haley played in the snow, wandered through groves of amazing sub-alpine fur trees, and finally we picked our tree. 

Haley was already living her best life up there when she found the greatest Christmas present ever - an elk leg. It looked like a hunter had left them for wildlife because both forelegs were there and cleanly cut. Michael had already made a deal that I could pick my favorite tree if we could go out for lunch afterwards. Eliza stepped in though and sweetened the deal, saying if I got to pick the tree, Haley should also be allowed to bring home the elk leg. Naturally, I agreed and Haley got her leg. We were both exceedingly happy with the arrangement. 

The tree we I found was tall, beautiful, and best of all light! This time we carried it back to the car in a few short minutes and had it up on the roof in no time. 

And when we got the tree home - majestic Christmas tree perfection! I love this tree so much, and I'm so thankful for as perfect a day as I could hope cutting it down. 


Thank you beautiful tree for making all my Christmas dreams come true and filling our home with magic and wonder. I realized part of why I love Christmas trees so much is for the soft, perfect light they shine in our homes. Everything looks more peaceful and perfect under in their gentle glow. They remind me of our Savior, with His light which beautifies, brings peace, and gives us joy. 

No comments: