Sunday, May 1, 2022

Hit the Slopes!


Fun fact, my parents met while skiing at Loveland in Colorado. My dad jokes that my mom tooks his poles on purpose when they loaded up the cars in a blizzard just so they would have to meet up again haha. With a beginning like that, skiing was a big part of our lives growing up. 

This year, I finally got to get some of my own kids up skiing, and it was a blast! Of course Grandpa came in his crazy hat to teach these three cuties how to ski. He was a ski instructor in college and my one and only teacher. 

We had so much fun! Eliza, Lenora, and Orson picked it up so quickly! By the first day they were skiing down greens without falling. By day two, we skied blue runs half the day.





I even got to ski one day with just my dad and Harrison. They had to wait for me all day of course, but I can still keep up with them. My Dad is seriously such an amazing skier skill (and he'll be the first to make sure you know it!) 
 

I only had a 3-day pass, but the kids got up to five days through their school pass. They were skiing well enough after day two that my dad agreed to take all of them by himself for one last day. He said they did so well! He can't wait to have a new generation of ski buddies to chase around the mountain. 


Hazel had skied twice when she was little and didn't love it, so I wasn't able to convince her to join us. But I'm hoping she'll at least try it one more time with us next year. Conrad is already looking forward to the day we'll take him too. Though he thinks it wants to be a snowboarder....

Dad for teaching us to ski when we were young, for finding the schoolkids  pass program so it was affordable to go, and for teaching them to ski too. I see many more days of skiing in their futures. 

No comments: