A few more summer highlights as I try to catch up the blog...
Payson Scottish Festival: Hazel danced at the Scottish Festival so we attended for the first time. It's an annual event here in Payson, and we'll be sure to go again in the future. Such a fun day! The younger kids especially enjoyed "competing" in the Wee Highland Games. They were pretty serious about their skills and were fierce sword fighters.
![]() |
| Conrad could barely see around the helmet he chose |
YSA Campout: One of the most fun parts of Michael's calling is the opportunity our family has to hang out with the YSA in our ward. There are quite a few of them, and they are so much fun! They had a campout nearby and invited us all to join them. The kids were spoiled having so many adults to play games with. We made dry ice root beer like I remember doing at family reunions growing up. It's still magical!
Cousin's day at the lake: We had a wonderful day at the lake with our cousins!
Regency Luncheon: Hazel and her sweet friend Annabelle, who wish they'd lived in a Jane Austin novel, planned the most fun "Regency Luncheon" for our book club. It girls all dressed up, at dainty food, and enjoyed a good "turn around the garden." I LOVE this group of girls so much!
Dinosaur Gardens with just the Boys: While all the girls were at summit, the boys and I got to tour the dinosaur gardens at Thanksgiving Point. They LOVED it! It was so much fun to have a slower morning with just these two silly boys.
This year I was a villin in the final battle - it was a blast! I even got to capture Hazel as part of the plot. Who knew playing the bad guy would be so much fun.
Bubble Party: The kids were invited to a birthday party with this giant bubble machine - pure joy!
Labor Day we spent the morning at the lake as a family soaking in the last moments of summer. The girls did kayak yoga which was hilarious to watch. The boys fished and caught tadpoles. We all had a great time enjoying what always feels like the end of summer.













































No comments:
Post a Comment