On July 1st Michael set off to Colorado to teach a class at UNC for three weeks. While he was excited for the prospect of teaching deaf-students working on their Master's degrees, it was also really hard on all of us to have him gone. He had weighty task of living in the dorms and teaching a semester's worth of graduate level class in three weeks. Meanwhile, I got to hold down the fort with all six kids on my own. But teamwork makes dreamwork and we all survived.
That same morning Michael left, I picked up two very tired girls from a week of girls camp. From all I heard, they had a great time! After a quick stop at home for showers, we loaded up the car again for an overnight trip down to Fremont. It was time for the annual Cox family reunion, and this year Michael's cousin Haley was having a celebration of her upcoming marriage. We couldn't miss seeing her, supporting Aunt Calla and Uncle Nathan, plus all the reunion fun, so the kids and I made sure to be there. This year's reunion was Hawaiian themed and the kids loved it!
Walter did so well camping in the backyard! He also LOVED seeing Grandma, Grandpa, and Aunt Calla. After just the one night we had to head home for gymnastics and swimming lessons, but it was still such a fun trip.
For the Fourth of July, I decided to take the kids to the hot air balloon launch in Provo. I've always wanted to do it, but the early wake up time is rough. I admittedly almost cancelled when my alarm went off at 5am. But we dragged ourselves out of bed and headed up to Provo. It was absolutely worth it! The balloons are so close. The kids were in awe.
Since Michael was out of town and we were already in Provo, we stayed for the parade. We haven't attended since Hazel and Eliza were little. It was just as fun as I remember it!
The kids and I finished up the Fourth with naps in the afternoon and fireworks from the front lawn after dark. Walter was mesmerized by the fireworks!
Not the same with Daddy missing all weekend, but a fun Fourth of July nonetheless.
Walter did so well camping in the backyard! He also LOVED seeing Grandma, Grandpa, and Aunt Calla. After just the one night we had to head home for gymnastics and swimming lessons, but it was still such a fun trip.
Not the same with Daddy missing all weekend, but a fun Fourth of July nonetheless.















No comments:
Post a Comment