Sweet Walter just learned to fold his arms for prayers. Over the last few days, any time he's seen me folding my arms for any reason, I see him fold his and look at me expectantly. A few times, he's just folded them on his own and stared at me. So naturally, each time he's folded his arms, I've said a short prayer with him. At the end, he beams with a huge smile then moves on with his day. This has been such a wonderful reminder to me to pray more often throughout my day, and to truly pause and appreciate each prayer. Thanks Walter for teaching me!
As I sat down to write this post, I was thinking on some of the other quiet lessons my kids have taught through their actions over the past few days. From Conrad, look for life and goodness even in unexpected places. He found this tadpole in the murky brown water behind him. There is more than meets the eye with people, situations, and murky puddles.
From Hazel, always take time to slow down and read a book! And don't forget to add a dose of magic and fun when you can.
From Orson, try new things! And give whatever you try your all.
From Eliza, slow down. Take time to notice the little things and of course take plenty of pictures. She felt we HAD to document Walter's baby mullet in the wind, and now looking at the picture I see how right she was. Don't rush through life so busy with keeping things flowing that we forget to stop and observe and record and consider and feel and find joy.
From Lenora, make sure you help others along your way. What's life if you're not giving of your time and talents to bless the lives of those around you?
Thanks babies (and big kids) for these sweet reminders!
No comments:
Post a Comment