One of the most fun things we've done so far this summer is compete in a speed puzzling contest. As part of Payson's "Adventure Days" teams of up to four people could race to see who could assemble the new Payson Dowdle puzzle the fastest. When I saw it advertised, I knew Lenora needed to enter because that girl LOVES puzzles.
I put our entry under her name and let her pick her team. A few days before she noticed the library had a copy of the same puzzle, so we practiced putting together the boarder. With that tiny bit of practice and a strategy planned out, we were ready for our big morning of speed puzzling.
It was an absolute blast! And - WE WON!!! Lenora, Hazel, Alicia, and I managed to put the 500 piece puzzle together in 56 minutes (just a minute faster than the next team).
Our grand prize included cool Payson city shades, a hammock or shade umbrella, and a copy of the puzzle for each of us. It was such a fun morning! And now we own three copies of the same puzzle so we can stage our own speed puzzling contests at the next family gathering.



No comments:
Post a Comment