Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Summer 2024



We officially started back to school yesterday, which means that for all intents and purposes summer is over. It's been a fun, wonderful summer! We've had busy days full of adventures, and slow, lazy days around the house. We camped, took trips, checked off bucket list items, swam, organized, pseudo-gardened, played with neighbors, watched fireworks and parades, and generally had a great time! 

The most exciting news of the summer though is this.....
Another sweet baby will be joining our family! Which means that in all honesty, I spent a fair amount of this summer exhausted and squeezing in a daily nap just to function. I was grateful that lovely first trimester didn't bring much morning sickness this time around and that it was summer so we didn't have to worry about school. And in the strength of the Lord, I still had enough energy to enjoy quite a few fun things with the kids. 

But another baby?!? Are we crazy? Probably haha! With a 5 1/2 year gap between Conrad and Walter, we decided it would be best to add one more sweet Ballard to our herd. We didn't want Walter growing up in such a fun, full household, only to find himself an only child from 13 on up. So we're thrilled to welcome one more! Of course all the girls want it to be a girl, and all the boys want it to be a boy. This is the tiebreaker. 

If I'm honest, I'm guessing it's a girl. My pregnancies with my girls were fairly different from my boys. And this feels more like my girl pregnancies. We'll have to wait and see (though Michael insists we NOT wait until delivery this time. The suspense nearly did him in with Walter). 

Regardless, we're so excited! 

No comments: