Conrad turned 7 the end of September. Seven! He rushed in to this world, and he literally hasn't slowed down yet.
Of course, soccer is still life for Conrad. So for part of his birthday, Michael and I took him on a date to a UVU game. As an added bonus, he was chosen to compete in one of the halftime races. He had to hop in a potato sack while kicking a soccer ball. I think I would have fallen on my face, but he had fun with it!
Another highlight of the game for him was seeing a player from the opposing team get his ear stitched up right in front of us on the side of the field. We weren't sure if he'd just headed the ball or rammed heads with another player, but he tore off the lobe of his ear. Bleh! Conrad thought it was pretty cool.
![]() |
| Have I mentioned you love ice cream!?! |
You don't love having your picture taken when you're not up to something silly. You'll say, "NO pictures" and rush off, or close your eyes if you can't escape.
You could live outside playing. You never get bored riding bikes, throwing/kicking balls around, jumping on the tramp, and coming up with creative games outside. You spend many afternoons playing with our neighbor Hadley.
For your birthday you got the coolest color changing Hot-wheel car from Jamie. You loved it and spent days changing it from black to white and back again. You also got Lego Technic sets that challenged you more than any Lego set in a long time. I loved watching your determination to figure them out!
If asked, you'd probably say you think school is boring. But, you actually love learning. You may find it hard to stop playing to come sit down, once you're there, you're an awesome student. You've loved the new, more challenging math curriculum we've started this year. And your reading is progressing so much! I love that after weekly library runs, you'll often sit for over an hour just reading picture books.
I'm lucky enough to teach your Primary class right now, and I love seeing how much you know. At home, you're often quiet during scriptures. But in class, you're happy to share answers. You have a very simple, sweet testimony of Christ.
In general, the world is a simple, happy place for you. You play, you smile, you work hard, and try to make others happy. You rarely fight with siblings and are quick to forgive when misunderstandings occur. When the scriptures talk about becoming as a child, your pure faith and understanding is what immediately comes to my mind.
Thanks Conrad for filling our home with energy, fun, plenty of soccer games, and a reminder to always eat good food! You're our favorite seven-year-old by far.

























No comments:
Post a Comment