Sunday, March 29, 2026

Lionel is ONE!

This year has flown by and somehow Lionel is already ONE! There's so much we love about this little boy. He has every single one of us wrapped around his little finger, and that's a lot of love for a tiny guy. 

When I asked each member of the family their favorite thing about Lionel, they answered: 
Hazel - "His goofy faces!" 

Eliza - "I think I like Lionel's smiles best." 

Lenora - "I love how much he loves big kid things. And how much my friends all love him." He is always being passed around by teenager when they're around. 

Orson -  "I like when he snuggles with me." It's so true. Lionel gives the best snuggles and sometimes he will pat you on the back as he hugs you. So sweet! 
Snuggling a friend at church


Conrad - "I like playing with him." Conrad is Lionel's favorite, especially first thing in the morning. It helps that Conrad brings him downstairs each morning, and together they find a snack. 

Walter - "Um... playing with him." Walter also LOVES when they get to wear matching pajamas. 

Mommy: "I love Lionel's sense of adventure. He loves trying new things and exploring new places. There's no way he's getting left behind in this family." 
Signing "Mama"

Daddy: "His curiosity for life and especially his curiosity about what I'm cooking." Lionel LOVES to eat, so no surprise he's curious about his next meal. 

Honorable mention - His eyelashes! 


Now for some of Lionel's favorites... 
He loves his white blankies and won't sleep without at least one. He'll often wander into his room (aka our closet) and grab as many as he can find from the box where we store them. Orson also went through a white blankey phase, and I love that he and Lionel share this. 

Lionel loves water in every form - baths, the dog water bowl, the dishwasher, the toilet... 

His favorite toys that aren't toys include fly swatters, anything belonging to his big sisters that he can reach in their bedroom, the dishwasher, the wooden loaves and fishes that sit on my bedside table, and the remote. 

Favorite foods include: bananas, drinks of water, oatmeal, cheese, and fruit. Though there's very little he won't eat. 

We celebrated his birthday with a simple family celebration. Gifts, a handmade birthday crown, and a cake made by Lenora. Seventh babies may not get the fancy parties first babies do, BUT they have SO much loved poured on them by all their big siblings. It was a huge day of celebration around here!

Lenora made him the most adorable llama cake. He loved it! Some of my babies have been hesitant, but he dug right in and ate every bit of his slice. 

On his birthday Lionel was just starting to take steps, but already he's walking everywhere. He's learning new signs and words each day. Today's discovery was his bellybutton. He kept pulling up his shirt, pointing at his tummy, and saying "buh!" We love you Lionel! You bring so much joy to our home.

No comments: