Thursday, March 19, 2009

Autism Awareness Run/Walk

As you may already know, I work with autistic kids, and can I just say - I love my job! Sure the kids can be a bit of a handful at times, but they truly are some of the sweetest kids I've ever known and I love teaching them everyday.

Recently one of the kids said the funniest thing I've ever heard...
(therapist) "What are your eyes for?"
(child) "Seeing"
"Good. What are your ears for?"
"Hearing."
"That's right. What is your nose for?"
"Picking!"
Haha, well I guess that is one possible use for it:)

Mike and I will be participating in a 5K Run/Walk for Autism on April 18th. We are excited. I will be walking of course, but Mike plans to run. If anyone in the Springs area is interested in joining our team, we'd love to have you. A few people from our ward are already in:) Also, I'm looking for people to sponsor me. No pressure, but if you're interested in supporting a really good cause, you can sponsor me at http://www.firstgiving.com/justineballard. It's going to be a ton of fun! (Kiara is especially excited to come race!)

PS - I know everyone is dying to see pictures of my expanding belly, but my computer decided it no longer likes my camera and won't pull them off the memory card. As soon as I get it working, I'll be sure to post some.

No comments: