Since Hazel will be 19 months in a few days I thought I should get my act together and post about how adorable she is right now. I have to say, I LOVE this age. She is learning so much and getting such a cute little personality. Here are just a few of the adorable things she's up to....
* She is talking and signing up a storm! She must know at least 75 signs and 50 words. It is amazing and she learns more every day. She especially loves animals and knows how to sign a ton of animals (and say some of them). What I love the most is that when I can't understand what she is saying she will sign it too and then I realize, "Oh, you're saying ____"
* It has become far too obvious that Hazel's only "sibling" is a dog. She likes to put her lovies in her mouth and play tug-o-war, she plays fetch with her toys, and when she sees Kiara rolling on the ground she has to do the same.
* Hazel has strong opinions about what she wears (see the photo above). She likes to pick out her shoes and jacket and if you give her the wrong one she gets upset. We were late to church last Sunday because we couldn't find the pair to the shinny black shoes and she refused to wear the velvety back shoes. I think soon enough I'll need a sign to pin on her some days that says "She dressed herself today"
* She loves necklaces and asks for one any time she sees me wear one.
* She is becoming the quite the good helper. She will put her diapers in the trash, get Kiara's leash for you, help unload silverware, etc.
* Hazel already amazes me by the strength o f her Spirit. The other morning I was changing her diaper under the picture of the temple we have in our house and she signed and said "temple!" She also reminded me that we hadn't read scriptures one morning while Mike was out of town. So sweet!
* She is still obsessed with Signing Time. The only other movie or show she will even look at is Snow White which she calls "Ho-Ho" (because the dwarfs sing the "Hi-Ho" song).
* Sometimes I feel like Hazel is 18 months going on 5. She tries to be such a big girl sometimes. She likes to sit on the potty and she has even peed on it once! She refuses to eat with her fingers and must always have a soon or fork (sometimes she has to use her fingers to put the food on the spoon before using the spoon to put food in her mouth). She always wants to sit in big chairs instead of regular chairs, etc, etc.
I'm sure that's more info than you really wanted about her, but what can I say, I love that girl. She gets bigger and cuter every day. We love you Hazel!
1 comment:
I love my Princess Hazel! Can't wait until there's another one of her around to adore! Love you guys!
Post a Comment