This year I was able to perform in the Nutcracker again with Littleton Dance Academy. I was only going to play Clara's mother since I'm not in shape to actually dance, but they ended up needing one more girl in the Waltz of the Flowers. So I had about a month to dust of my pointe shoes and get back in shape. I was pleasantly surprised with how quickly my body remembered all the technique:) I've lost a little bit of flexibility, but still have it! It was a blast and reminded me how much I miss dancing. I would love to get in to teaching again at some point, but right now I'm too busy.
My Dad also performed as one of the party parents. They were going to try and put Hazel in the party scene like last year, but this year she wasn't so cooperative. Every time I had to hand her off to go off stage she would cry so she got cut. But, Mike brought her to see the show and she LOVED it! She sat through the whole show and watched without a peep. That's my girl:)
My Dad and I in our party costumes.
1 comment:
LOVE that dress! It's so awesome that you got to perform again! I'm totally jealous!
Post a Comment