Thursday, July 21, 2011

When I play my favorite sport....


A little background info for this post.... Hazel LOVES, LOVES, LOVES the Signing Time series. They are DVDs that teach different signs to music. We always have at least one Signing Time movie from the library and Hazel watches it every morning when she gets up. One of her favorite Signing Time videos is the sports one. Ever since watching the sports Signing Time she has had a strange obsession with baseball.

Because she has been so interested in baseball, Mike told her that after baby Eliza was born we would take her to a baseball game. Baby Eliza also brought Hazel a present when she was born (fitting since she was born on Hazel's birthday). Eliza got her a baseball bat:)

On Tuesday night we took Hazel down to the Sky Sox game. She had a blast! The whole time she kept singing one of the Signing Time songs "When I play my favorite sport, baseball is my game." She would also say "Play ball!"
She also loved the mascot - Sox the Fox. She pointed him out any time she saw him. I took her up to see him at which point she decided he was scary and wouldn't go near him. Thankfully someone offered to take a picture of the two of us with Sox.

Eliza slept through most of the game but woke up near the end:) I love, love, love that face!Overall it was a great night! Good family time, good baseball, and one very happy little girl:)

No comments: