Sunday, July 3, 2011

Camping, 9 months pregnant style

Who knows why but there's some sick tradition in our family that we going camping when I'm very, very pregnant. We went over the 4th of July when I was pregnant with Hazel then she was born on the 8th.

Well true to form we went camping on Friday night. Part of the reason we decided to go was simply this was the only weekend we could go and we really wanted to take Hazel before Eliza was born. So, we packed up and went camping up near Rampart Reservoir (about 30 mins from our house). I love that the mountains are so close! We met friends from our ward and their two kids which made it even better for Hazel.

The weather was wonderful and we had a great time! We couldn't have a fire due to burning restrictions, but we made it by without one. Friday night the kids played in the dirt until they were brown from head to toe.

Hazel actually slept really well but was up at 5:15am! Crazy girl. After breakfast we went to Rampart Reservoir. We had never been and it was so beautiful! See Pike's Peak in the background? We will definately be coming up here more.

At first Hazel was a bit hesitant about the water. She started out like this...
then moved to this...
but by the end she was sitting in the water fully clothed haha...
Kiara was in heaven too because she was able to swim! She swam so hard and has been sleeping ever since, haha.

After the lake we packed up camp and headed in to Woodland Park for lunch before coming home. When we got home on Saturday I got it in to my head to try and start my labor.... I had been having some irregular contractions in the evenings on both Thursday and Friday so Saturday I decided I would put away all the camping stuff, do all the laundry, and clean the house until it was spotless to keep those contractions coming. It sort of worked because I did start having regular contractions (at one point they were about 5-8 mins apart and were starting to hurt. I even called my mom to let her know she might need to come down soon). Then after about 2 1/2 total hours of contractions, out of no where they slowed down. Boo! I've had a few more on and off all night and some this morning too so hopefully Eliza will be coming soon. We'll see....

This morning Hazel was talking about how "Gram and Grandpa come Hazel's house today!" so I asked her who else was coming (expecting her to say my sister Gabby and her husband from Utah). But, she said "Baby Eliza!" Maybe she knows something I don't:)

1 comment:

Tom said...

No wonder you are my hero ~ camping at 9 months