Monday, February 6, 2012

Blessings Flow

I don't know why it continues to amaze me how much the Lord blesses us and cares for us, but it does. As I mentioned in a previous post, we moved to Utah because we felt strongly that this is where the Lord wanted us. We felt assured that if we moved, things would work out and we would be taken care of.

Well, things are slowly starting to fall in to place here. That's not to say everything has worked itself out, but I have seen the Lord's hand in our lives. Blessings both large and small have been given. Some were blessings we'd hoped and prayed for (like Eliza getting accepted in to Shriner's Hospital for the follow up on her back) while others were very unexpected.

The biggest unexpected blessing has been that I found a job. Keep in mind, I wasn't even looking for a job. The plan when we moved was that I would be able to stay home with the girls, and I've been loving every minute of it. One day while they were napping I got online to take care of changing addresses related to my certification. I decided to look briefly at what ABA services are available here in Utah mostly out of curiosity. I had thought about looking for some very part time work just to keep my certification current, but that was all it was - a thought. However, I came across a company I was interested in learning more about and decided to call just so I could get more information.

Well, the next thing I knew I had an interview set up for the following day and they wanted me to email over my resume (which I hadn't even updated). I got off the phone, typed up a resume, sent it, and started calling people to ask if I could use them as references. The next day, the interview went great and I was hired on the spot.

The Lord led me to this job - pure and simple. It is literally the perfect job for me. If I had designed my dream job, this would be it. I am working for Utah Behavior Services. They essentially provide me with clients and I will work 6 hours a week with each client. Meanwhile, they take care of all of my insurance billing, liability insurance, taxes, supplies, curriculum, continuing education, etc, etc, etc. They also act as a support system where I can turn for help with a client if needed. I get to set my own schedule and do what I want with the client. It is literally all of the best parts of my old job (working one-on-one with the kiddos, seeing them improve, helping families) without any of the worst parts (all the management, report, paperwork stuff). I will be working with two kids which means I will only be working 12 hours a week. It will be just the right amount to keep me current, make some extra money, and also keep me sane:)

I am so grateful! It is a huge blessing for the family and has strengthened our faith that this is where we are supposed to be. It has also allowed us to rest assured that when the perfect job for Mike is available the Lord will lead him to it just as He led me to this job.

Speaking of blessings... they don't come any cuter than this one:)

No comments: