Friday, January 27, 2012

Pictues, quotes, and so on....

Just a fun little post to catch up on some adorable pictures of both girls and quotes from Hazel. She seriously cracks me up! I am LOVING spending more time with these cuties!

First up, Hazel's quotes. I wish I could remember all of the cute things she's said in the past few days, but here is a good sample....

While I was swaddling Eliza for her nap Hazel asked "Are you going to wrap her up like a taco?"

One night I was lying down next to Hazel in her bed (she gets a few minutes of cuddle time before bed each night). She was WAY hyper so I was pretending to be asleep and "snoring" so she would stop talking and calm down. Well she said "Mom! Stop singing the sleep song!"

My cute aunt Holly came to visit us the other day and brought Hazel a box of fruit snacks - which she loved. A few days later when they we nearly gone she said in her bedtime prayer "Bless Holly to bring me more fruit snacks." Too cute!

One morning she wanted me to bring the piano bench over by the couch. She was being good while I tried to clean so I obliged. She told me "I need to work on something." This is how I found her...

Some of the sweetest things she has said lately have revolved around the temple. She has recently loved temples and thinks all the castles in movies like Cinderella are temples. One day she told us, "I'm going to build a temple." And she did....
Since then we've been finding "temples" all over the house. She also frequently talks about how when she grows up she's going to get married in the temple. One day she said, "And when I grow up and get married in the temple there will be bells!" I wasn't sure where she got that until I saw the end of Cinderella when the run out of the castle as the bells ring. Haha!

The next one had three adults laughing their heads off.... At dinner one night I was feeding Eliza her baby food. As Hazel frequently does when she wants my attention off of Eliza and back on her she said "Her doesn't want to eat." I replied "Really? Did she tell you that?" Hazel "Yes!" Me "Oh, what did she say?" Hazel "Ah bababa ahah" Just thinking about it makes me laugh because she said it with a completely straight face too:)

Last but not least was one of those moments that make all of your hard work worth it. When Hazel was a year old we started reading 10 verses of the Book of Mormon to her everyday. Normally she is playing all over our bed, whining because she wants to hold the scriptures, singing, dancing, goofing off, running out of the room to find fill-in-the-blank object, etc, etc, etc. Needless to say I didn't think she was paying attention. Well, the other day Mike's sister Alicia asked her what she learned from the scriptures that morning and Hazel said "Ammon" with perfect pronunciation. My jaw literally dropped. We had just finished the series of chapters in Alma about Ammon's mission to the Lamenites. It was such a testimony builder to me about the importance of doing all those things (prayer, FHE, family scripture study, etc) that we're told to do with our children. They really do learn more than we will ever know during those times.

She's growing in to such a funny, sweet little lady. This picture makes me want to cry because she looks so grown up. She'll be starting school before I know it.


Now on to Little E. My dad starting calling her little E because he has always called Hazel little H (my brother Harrison is big H). Anyways, it's sort of stuck and so Eliza is sometimes Little E. She has been "talking" up a storm lately with lots of "bababa" "ahh ahh" and "dada" (Mike's thrilled about that of course). She's super cute!
Eliza has also been loving food more than Hazel ever did at this age. When you feed her something she likes she makes a cute squeel then opens her mouth like a little bird for more. She's even signed "more" twice!


Here are just some cute pictures of the two of them together.... Playing in the snow.
Showing off their Canada shirts for Uncle Harrison!
I LOVE this picture. It looks like they are sharing a secret with eachother. I hope they grow up to be good friends.

1 comment:

Katira said...

Your girls are so beautiful. I can't believe how fast Hazel is growing up! We miss you guys. We need to get together soon.