We moved in to our new house a week and a half ago and we're slowly getting unpacked. There are still plenty of little projects that still need to get done, but it's coming along. We're pleased with how things are turning out and I can't wait to get decorating:)
I did learn a few things from our "this old house" adventure. 1) We're not big do-it-yourselfers with big projects. Painting, patching a fence, installing cabinet doors are fine but big projects like hanging drywall are much better left professionals. 2) I don't have the 'fix up an old house adventure bug' that my father-in-law has. He enjoys it but I do not. 3) I have no desire to ever purchase an old home. EVER. (unless someone else has already fixed it up and modernized it)
That being said, I love the house! It's has so much charm and it's so nice to live in a house with just our family again! Plus there is something everyone in the family absolutely loves about the new house.
I LOVE the Ikea kitchen my in-laws decided to put in (I love it minus the hour and a half we spent at Ikea on Saturday to get one set of hinges only to find out the hinges we had in the first place were the right ones and we just needed to mount the door to open the other direction. Thank you Ikea directions - not!)
Hazel LOVES her purple bedroom.
Eliza LOVES all the new things to climb on.
Mike LOVES his "man-cave" in the basement (and by "man-cave" I mean his desk in the unfinished basement:) But at least it's a step towards a man-cave and he's still very happy about it).
Kiara LOVES the backyard and the fact that she's now allowed to sleep in the house again (she's been sleeping in the laundry room since January).
When we're finally unpacked and pictures are hung I'll post some pictures. Don't expect them for a few weeks though:)
No comments:
Post a Comment