"... and ye shall know that it is by me that ye are led." (1 Nephi 17:13)
This scripture best summarizes how I feel about recent events in our family. The Lord is constantly looking out for us and leading us to the experiences that will bless us and allow us to grow.
I posted here about how Mike had accepted a job teaching ASL at SLCC and we had struggled with the decision of whether to move in to the "new" house here in Provo or move up to Salt Lake. Ultimately we felt that staying here was right. About a week before SLCC was set to start, the section of ASL Mike was assigned to only had 6 students enrolled so they cancelled his class. While I normally would have felt saddened and upset by such a situation instead I felt A) immense peace that this was a blessing and B) gratitude that we had been guided to remain here in Provo.I know that Mike experienced similar feelings of comfort and assurance.
A few days later Mike was contacted for an interview for an ASL teaching position at BYU. Instantly I thought, "this must be why the SLCC class didn't work out." Imagine my surprise when he was not offered the job at BYU. However, once again we felt no hint of disappointment. Only peace that everything was in the Lord's hands.
The next evening (Friday night) at 10:45 Mike received an email... He was offered a job at UVU teaching two ASL classes! No interview, just offered the job (which was to start just 3 days later). I was shocked and amazed and wondered if I would wake up thinking the whole thing was a dream. Instead of driving all the way to Salt Lake every day, he will only have to drive to Orem. Instead of teaching one class, he will teach two. Instead of teaching level two, he will teach level four. Instead of teaching at a community college, he gets to teach at a University. I am in awe and humbled by the amazing blessings that have come our way.
None of this was simply "good luck" or "turns of fate." The Lord's hand was certainly in the entire process leading us to the best outcome for our family. What a wonderful blessing!
Mike starting teaching today. I'm a little sad I didn't get a picture of him on his "first day of school":( My sweet hubby is all grown up and teaching college! Professor Ballard, I like it!
1 comment:
Wonderful blessings! I love your perspective on things. It can be hard to look disappointing circumstances in the face with peace and faith, but you're absolutely right - it does work out in the Lord's time.
Love to you all! And congratulations on your First Day of School, Mike!
Post a Comment