Thursday, September 5, 2013

Goodbye summer

Summer has just flown by and now it's time to get back to the real world. There are many things about our two part-timer worker job scenario that aren't great. No vacation or sick time, paying for private insurance, the inconsistency of hours, etc. But one thing that is wonderful is the Michael gets to be around so much especially during the summer. This summer he wasn't teaching at all and just had school in June and July. With me working slightly more this summer (20 hours a week instead of my normal 12) it still left tons of time for family. So while I long for the day when he's done with school and working full time, I am so thankful for the time we have now. Not many kids get to spend so much fun time with Daddy and they love it!

We honestly didn't do as much as I would have liked this summer as my first trimester tiredness lasted most of the summer. But we did have lots of fun at home and hit up Seven Peaks from time to time.We tired out best to keep cool in record breaking heat, ate lots of yummy fruit, played tons of dress up, made it on one hike and one camping trip. Mostly we enjoyed those stinking cute little "twiners".









Now it's back to reality. Michael will be teaching two classes at UVU again this year. He was also offered a job at BYU and is teaching one class there! It's so exciting to see him getting more and more experience and we're thankful for this huge blessing (well Michael is until he remembers he has to shave more now haha). Add to that the two classes he will be taking for his Masters, teaching institute one night a week, and his new calling on the high counsel and he is going to be one very busy guy!

Thankfully I was able to cut back my hours again and will be working from home half the time so that will be great. I plan to home school Hazel for preschool again this year both to save money and because I'm not ready to send her off just yet:) I think I'll be a wreck when it's time to send her to Kindergarten next year. Here's to an exciting new school year! 

Here's what you get when you ask your husband to take a first day of school picture:)

No comments: