You know those annoying little elves that steal socks from your dryer? Well mine have escaped and are pillaging the house! And they're only hitting big targets.
Right now the camera is missing (with an 8GB memory card in it that has pictures from the past 2 years in it!). So is Hazel's best friend Rafi. And our can opener. All of them have been lost for several weeks and it's making me crazy wondering where in the world they went.
The last time we saw the camera was when we went on a picnic up the canyon. It was in my pocket right before we left and I swear I looked through the photos as we sat in the car on the way home, but no luck. I was REALLY bummed about losing it. Not for the camera but for all those pictures! Thankfully all the best pictures are on the blog and I'm so glad I've kept it up to date. I'm still hoping it turns up!
Then there's Rafi. Poor Hazel misses her so much. She tells me Rafi is on vacation and has been calling and texting her. But now Rafi got lost on her way home and is still trying to figure out how to make it back here. It makes me sad Hazel doesn't have her best friend. And for whatever reason, it makes be sad to think of Hazel going to school without Rafi. Hazel has talked about how when she goes to Kindergarten Rafi will come along and stay in her backpack all day. If Rafi is there she won't be afraid and she'll have someone to comfort her if she needs it when I won't be there. (Pregnancy's making me a tad overly emotional I'd say).
The can opener? Well, that I'm just annoyed by. Seriously, how do you lose your can opener?
So dear dryer elves, please bring back some of our things. Until then I'll be asking everyone for every picture they have of my children for Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment