Sunday, October 27, 2013

Things that make it all worth it

Some days with young kids are just hard. They argue all day, won't take naps, make messes and have accidents at the worst times, fall down and hurt themselves after you warned them to stop doing something. And it goes on and on. But then there are the millions of things that happen every day that make it all worth it. To me these always come at the most discouraging times and I know they are true tender mercies from the Lord. Here are a few of the tender mercies I've seen recently....

Having Daddy home on a Sunday afternoon (a very rare occurrence these days!) Then seeing Eliza give him tons of loves and cuddles.

 Finding sweet Eliza asleep like this. It looks like she fell asleep saying prayers.

Spending time with the most beautiful princesses in the land! Those necklaces and rings are as bad as Legos on bare feet but I will sure miss this when they're older. 

Finding Hazel not napping but instead doing this... 

She even put the toe pads in before she put the shoes on. I just couldn't even be upset with her:) 

Finding the "72 Hour Kit" that Hazel made all by herself...


Realizing as I was blow drying Eliza's lovey so it would be dry for bedtime (she had an accident about 6 and won't sleep without Ellie) that I'm so thankful to be spending my days like this.

During the General Relief Society Broadcast I was touched by many of the talks and messages that were shared. It was truly an amazing night of inspiration. But the thing that touched me the most that night was singing the song "I'll go Where you Want Me to Go" The lyrics go: "It may not be on the mountain height, or over the stormy sea. It may not be at the battle front, my Lord will have need of me." As I sang I felt an overwhelming feeling of assurance that the Lord needs me most at home with my kids. The days may be long and I may spend my time blow drying loveys so little girls can go to sleep that night, but I'm so thankful for it!

No comments: