Thursday, November 7, 2013

Halloween

This year Hazel decided she wanted to be Ariel from the Little Mermaid. Then Eliza decided she wanted to be Ariel too:) I love how much they want to do the same things right now because I remember doing that with Gabby when we were little.

So the girls picked out the fabric they liked and I made them little mermaid fins. I think they turned out so cute!

I didn't want to pass  up the chance to have a fun pregnant Halloween costume so I made one for baby girl as well! I got so many compliments on her.
My three favorite mermaids!
The girls were SO excited for Halloween because it meant they were allowed to dress up ALL DAY LONG. (We've gotten to the point where they're only allowed to play with their dress up clothes before getting dressed for the day and after dinner. Otherwise they never want to wear clothes and make such a mess switching outfits 100 times a day). So a full day of dress up was heaven for them. They enjoyed that more than the candy!

For pumpkins we were able to grow 10 awesome pumpkins in our backyard this year! The girls picked out their favorites then had fun giving the rest away to friends/family. Sadly we got busy and only got one carved. Any guesses? Yes, it was Ariel:)


Tuesday night we went to the Halloween party in our "hearing" ward then Thursday we enjoyed Trick-or-Treating with friends from our ward. Poor Eliza tripped on her mermaid fin and hurt her hands a bit when trick-or-treating then wanted me to carry her a lot after that. The baby was sitting really low that day and walking was already uncomfortable so it ended up being a long night for me, but the girls loved it.  It was a very successful (if exhausting) day! 

No comments: