Maybe it is the colder winters here, but spring has never felt so good as it has this year. Spring time in Iowa has been beautiful! The weather is nice, we love the mixture of rainy days and sunny days, and it's so green!
I've started planting our garden. The soil is an amazing shade of deep black that is soft and so easy to work. And I have yet to water anything at all. It's such a different experience from what I'm used to! Now we'll just see if I can keep the squirrels and rabbits away long enough to harvest anything.
Hazel's ABC countdown to the end of the school year continues. Today was T day and Michael got to attend for "Treats with Dad." She taught her class to sign a portion of one of the songs they sang and wrote this adorable message on her table spot.
![]() |
| I love how you work for our family. I love you Daddy! I will love you forever! |
They also had a "Muffins with Mom" day the week of Mother's day. I loved spending time with just her at school and seeing the sweet book she wrote for me. I didn't get any pictures though. Of course since Hazel and I had a special time that meant Eliza needed in on the action too. So we had cookies with Mom after lunch.
Michael went to present at their career day and taught the kids some animal signs. They really enjoyed it! Hazel told me they were supposed to write what they wanted to be when they grow up. She said she wrote, "I WILL be a mom when I grow up." I'm proud of that sweet girl!
I enjoyed a wonderful mother's day. I have the world best husband and kids who spoiled me and truly made me feel loved. They got me all outfitted for Iowa spring with a new light jacket and rain boots. Plus I got a beautiful orchid for my kitchen window. I feel so blessed to be a mom!
Little Lenora has found a love of shoes. She likes to bring me random shoes throughout the day. She spends half her time walking around something like this. And by the end of the day her shoes are scattered everywhere around the house. She's also decided she likes to dress up as and loves to twirl. Such a girly girl already!
Eliza has claimed this little tree in our yard has her tree because "it's just the same size as me!" She's loved spending time outside and is my little garden helper. She has also kept me well stocked in dandelion bouquets. Yellow flowers that she's allowed to pick is a dream come true for her.
One evening we spotted a toad in our yard! I managed to keep Kiara from killing it while Michael grabbed it. Hazel surprised me by holding him and really enjoying it. Eliza loved looking at him but refused to touch him. Lenora thought it was great and would have held him if we trusted her not to eat it.
Ah spring! We love you. Even if you're exhausting...



No comments:
Post a Comment