I called the girls out of school the day Orson was born and Kelli brought them to the hospital to meet him about noon. Hazel and Eliza were so excited to have him here. Lenora was more interested in eating Michael's lunch haha.
Eliza and Orson already have such a special bond. She would talk to him frequently in my belly so I'm not surprised they are so close. She frequently asks to hold Orson at home. Often she'll sit for 20 or even 30 minutes and just hold him. She can get him to fall asleep just by talking to him. I've loved seeing the special relationship they have.
Hazel is thrilled to have a brother! She absolutely adores Orson. She even saved up her "pride points" at school to earn show and tell just so she could show him off to her class. It was precious. Hazel has been an awesome helper! She really makes things flow more smoothly and some days I know I couldn't do it without her.
Of course Lenora wasn't so sure what to think of her brother at first. But she has quickly warmed up to him. The first few days at home any time she heard him cry she'd perk up and start saying "Mom, baby crying!" She also has the most adorable way of saying his name.
It was great to have a visit from my girls. Kelli and Steve took such great care of them that first day and totally spoiled them!
Orson and I had to stay in the hospital for a full 48 hours so he could be monitored due to my group B strep. I would have preferred to go home sooner, but it was a nice chance to relax and sleep. Michael brought the girls back for another visit Tuesday then Wednesday morning we headed home.
Michael picked out Orson's coming home outfit. He looks like such a little man - I love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment