Saturday, November 28, 2015

Buddy


Sweet Orson is almost 8 weeks old already! I cannot believe how quickly it's flown by. We lovingly call him Buddy. And he really is our little buddy. 

When he was born he had the most scrunched up face. He literally didn't open his eyes for almost 24 hours. I think he just really didn't like all that bright light! And when he finally did it was just the teeny, tiniest slits like this. 
1 day old
Eyes shut tight - about 1 week
Once he finally started opening his eyes, I couldn't get over how much he looks like his daddy. Such a handsome boy!
6 days old
Not only does he look like daddy, but he acts just like him too! He hates bright lights but couldn't care less about loud noises. In fact, he sleeps best when the house is hustling and bustling. By the time the girls go to bed, he's most awake and ready to be held. It's a nice excuse to just sit and cuddle him while we can.
Studying with Daddy - 2 weeks
He even sleeps like Daddy! - 7 weeks

Orson is such a sweet baby. He rarely cries and has slept well from day one. He's up at night to eat every few hours, but he falls right back to sleep (and I mostly sleep while I feed him so I wake up feeling well rested too!)
1 week

All the girls love little Buddy but especially Eliza. She constantly wants to hold and cuddle him. Lenora loves to smother him with affection, but in slightly less appealing ways...
Eliza and Orson - 1 week
Lenora love - 1 month
Unlike all my girls, Orson's not so sure about pacifiers. He almost never takes one. We'll see if he ever decides he likes it or not.
3 weeks
I think Orson has a very large spirit in his little body. When I look in his eyes he seems so much older and wiser than a baby. He can be so serious like he has very deep thoughts. I think he's destined for greatness!

Wise Orson -  6 weeks
7 weeks
1 month 
At 6 weeks old, Orson came down with a bit of a cough. Poor little guy sounded terrible! It went in to his chest and everything but thankfully his body has fought it off well. Even sick, he is almost always in a calm, happy mood. Such a sweet little boy!

We sure love you little man! You have us all wrapped around your little fingers. And this smile... it melts my heart! Love you Buddy!
7 weeks

No comments: