We were able to take an overnight trip to Nauvoo over Memorial Day weekend! I went as a Young Woman and it was such an amazing experience. I've been dying to take Micheal and the kids ever since we moved out here because it really isn't far from us.
On our way out we stopped in Iowa City so Michael could have his implant mapped. I found a place called the Mormon Handcart Site that the kids and I visited while he had his appointment. Iowa City was the end of the rail line for some of the handcart pioneers so this site is where they camped and prepared supplies for their journey.
As we walked I was struck with an overwhelming feeling of gratitude for my kids. I love these little ones. And I love that Iowa has allowed us to fill their childhood with days like this:
![]() |
| Mr. Orson |
We spent our next day showing the kids the temple grounds and some of the sites. We didn't have time for even a quarter of the tours and buildings so we picked out the ones the kids would enjoy the most.
![]() |
| Orson and I match! No, I didn't plan it but it's cute. |
The girls favorite site was the pioneers kids area. They were able to dress up like pioneer children and play all sorts of old time games. They are the cutest little pioneers I've ever seen!
![]() |
| Eliza was awesome at this game! She beat us all. |
Daddy of course had to take Orson to the gun store!
The blacksmith and brickmaker shops were also lots of fun. The kids did so well especially since they were so tired from staying up late and missing naps.
It was a fun, quick trip! We are so blessed by those who settled Nauvoo for their incredible example of faith, hard work, and perseverance. We will certainly be back again soon!





















No comments:
Post a Comment