Friday, June 3, 2016

Wrapping up May

May kept us busy, busy! There were many end of year activities, graduation parties, special days at school, field trips, and plenty of yard work. Here are some of them...

Playing in the rain and enjoying the beautiful Iowa green!

Hazel played soccer again. She had a great coach and really enjoyed her season!

Our garden expansion! We decided to super-size our garden this year. In addition to our garden boxes that came with the house we decided to till up some grass to make more room. We got a bit carried away and made a huge plot. But I'm so excited to plant it.The most exciting crop we hope to grow... popcorn!
Planting the popcorn
Page Games Day for Hazel - Lenora, Orson, and I enjoyed watching Hazel compete in her field day activities. 

Family Literacy Day at Pre-school - We were able to join Eliza one afternoon to read and do a few crafts. All her classmates were so in love with Orson and smothered him with attention. 

Teddy Bear day for Hazel - Thanks to Jamie she has this adorable Paddington shirt and bear. 

First Grade Zoo field trip - I was able to chaperone a field trip to the zoo for Hazel's class. It was so nice to spend a day with just her and her friends. I loved seeing her in her element and being able to do things at her pace without the littler kids in tow. 
Peyton, Hazel, and Macy

No comments: