Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Five Things for Friday: July

It's not Friday, but summer's been busy and this post needs to be finished haha!

- 1 - 
Lenora has discovered puzzles and she absolutely loves them. She has been constantly working on puzzles this month. She pulls them out first thing in the morning when she wakes up and just continues to do them over and over all day. She has a great mind for puzzles. I'm amazed at what she can assemble at just two and a half!
Also here she is with her best friend Tabby. Aren't they adorable? 

- 2 - 
Michael tackled his busiest class yet. This one was a doozy! I'm so glad it fell during the summer when his work load at ISU is lighter. It was not uncommon for him to stay up late in to the night typing up papers and for us to find the table like this in the morning. The life of a PhD student/father/breadwinner/superman! 

- 3 -
The kids and I were able to join Michael one Sunday in Mason City on his high counsel assignment. Here's the photo shoot that happened while we waited for Michael to finish a meeting. Not quite the peaceful, serene, Sunday best photos I was going for, but I love these four crazies! 

- 4 -
Our garden! It was done much better than we expected and we've really enjoyed tending it. So far our harvest has been great (and delicious!) We've especially enjoyed watching the popcorn grow. The silks turned pink after they were pollinated! 

- 5 - 
We've spent the majority of our time outside exploring this month. I love summer in Iowa so much! Everything is so green and beautiful. There are so many places to explore and enjoy nature, and for the kids just to be kids. One day we took Kiara swimming down in this little creek. We all loved every minute of our day. 

And of course, Iowa summer means sweet corn! The girls even got to pick some this year at "Grandma and Grandpa Jone's" property. Orson is a true Iowa boy and love it! 

No comments: