Thursday, December 14, 2017

Five Things for Friday: Catching Up!

- 1- 
Conrad at 2 months
This sweet little guy is growing up so fast! He is honestly the easiest, most content baby, and he has brought so much joy to our home. Conrad loves looking at his mobile, being held by anyone (and everyone), and his pacifier. He took his first bottle like a champ! At his check up he was 11 lbs 4oz and 23 inches long. My absolute favorite thing he does is carry on long conversations with you while flashing his sweet smile.



- 2 - 
Thanksgiving
We had a low key thanksgiving with another family in our ward. The girls acted out a play of the first thanksgiving while Orson shredded things with his bear claws. It was a perfect day, especially with this cute little turkey bum!

- 3 -
Dates
Michael and I both caught a few dates in with the kids. I took Hazel on an amazing hike here in Berea one morning. We chatted and enjoyed the last beautiful traces of fall. Sadly, she's already beginning to see and experience meanness, gossiping, and foul language at school. But she has such a clear sense of what is right, and what she wants. Hazel is a wonderful light to many! Michael also took her out to do some Christmas shopping and to go shooting. She wasn't at all sad they weren't actually able to go shooting because the range was full. She's terrified of guns (in fact I was shocked she agreed to go at all). 

Eliza and I enjoyed a fun morning of hanging out and grocery shopping. Followed by huge muffins! She told me all about the stories she's been crafting at school. She loves to create and nurture. I love that about her! 

Lenora and I get alone time nearly every afternoon while the big girls are at school and the boys nap. We play lots of board and card games, and she helps me with whatever chores are on the agenda that day. She is my most quiet child, but then out of the blue I find her singing songs word for word with perfect pitch, spouting math facts like 5+5=10, and telling me wonderful ideas. There so much more depth to Lenora than we realize and I love catching glimpses of her brilliant mind! 

- 4 -
Life
Super girls!
First Kentucky snow!
Troll's hair
No terrible twos here, but the Tornado Twos are alive and well!
Daddy presented at Career day! 
New dresses from Grandma!
Bed Head!

- 5 - 
Christmas prep
Hazel's Christmas concert, Christmas cookies, caroling, gingerbread houses, and hideous Christmas suits. 

No comments: