- 1 -
Conrad!
Conrad keeps growing bigger and cuter! We just adore this little boy. He spits up a lot much like Hazel and Orson did, but he's generally a very happy guy. We've managed to keep him mostly healthy through the winter which is a feat with four older siblings. He did catch RSV which went to his chest and made him super wheezy. Luckily he fought it off himself with just some breathing treatments.
Conrad recently discovered his feet. I love watching babies play with their own feet! He also starting sitting up a day shy of 5 months old! He can't roll over yet, but he can sit.
We introduced him to the snow this week. He liked being outside with the big kids and watching them. He did NOT enjoy his sledding run with Hazel though.
- 2 -
New Ward Boundaries
The boundaries for the two Wards in the Richmond area recently changed. For our Ward, it meant we gained about 40 new people! It's exciting to see the church growing, and fun for the kids because several of the new families have kids similar ages. One less pleasant thing is 1 o'clock church...
One Sunday this month I woke up to the girls screaming. They'd seen a mouse in the house and were freaking out. Orson shouted, "I get my sword, I kill it!" What a brave knight! That same day I told him he needed a bath and he replied, "I barely even stink!" Where do kids come up with these things!?!
Eliza and Hazel decided they want to learn cursive, but it seems it's not taught in schools here. I've starting teaching them, and they've liked to practice writing in cursive during sacrament meeting. I'm impressed with how quickly they're picking it up!
- 3 -
Valentine's Day and Tuscon
Michael was able to present at a Deaf Education conference in Tuscon in February! It was exciting for him to go as a presenter and not just a participant. He had to fly out on Valentine's day, but we were able to have a fun date the weekend before he left. I wanted Mexican food and a trip to Lowe's to pick out paint colors without kids, and he wanted to take me shooting so we did all three. I enjoyed learning to shoot his 10-22 more than I thought I would! We had a good laugh about our choice of Valentine's date plans, but that's just our phase in life right now. Together we work hard, play hard, enjoy lots of time with our wonderful little groupies, and make the most of the little alone time we get. It's not chocolate, roses, and fancy restaurants,but it's just as sweet to us.
On Valentine's day, I introduced the kids to fondue. They loved it of course!
- 4 -
4-H and Art Galleries
One of the big projects we've had going on is painting the girls bedroom. They couldn't agree on a color when we first moved in, but they finally planned an art gallery bedroom that they're all excited about. The new paint is done and looks so much better! Now we just need to hang their art.
The older girls have enjoyed going to the 4-H art club. The teacher is very nice and let's the little ones participate as well. This month they made pointillist style paintings of their names. They'll make perfect additions to the art gallery room. It's been a slow process but the room is nearly done.
- 5 -
Having Fun!
Of course we've had little fun things here and there. There's always lots of dress up...
Eliza found my baptism dress and tried it on....
She also came up with this lovey sleeping ensemble...
The girls school hosted a Kindness week including a family evening of kindness. The girls also got to dress up as a favorite book character one day.
![]() |
| "To the bus!" - Ms. Frizzle |
My Aunt Angel's work travels brought her to Louisville so one night we drove up and had dinner with her!
We found an old fashioned horse at the grocery store and it was still only a penny! I loved these when I was a kid.
Boys in the bath.
Lenora spent half a day Saturday with Daddy at work while he worked on his dissertation. Slowly but surely, it's coming along.
We had another big snow storm and three more snow days. Hazel had the great idea to ski down our hill. I had a blast and could have skiied all day if I wanted to keep hiking back up the hill. Hazel now fits in my skis. She did pretty well especially since there was so much powder.One Saturday a small, one-ring circus came to the fair grounds. It made a fun outing even if Eliza was mad I wouldn't buy her a stuffed elephant.
Spring's just around the corner. We can't wait!





































No comments:
Post a Comment