We were able to spend a night camping in the Smoky Mountains. It was incredible! It was nearly dark when we arrived so we set up the tent in semi-darkness then ended up cooking/eating dinner in the dark. The kids loved that! The night sky was incredible. I've never see so many stars before!
Of course the kids were up before the sun and ready to explore. Their favorite thing was all the different mushrooms. I have about 100 pictures of mushrooms they took on my phone while we packed up our camp. Their favorites were one that looked just like a white, fluffy snowman, a green one that looked beaded, and the bright purple one. I loved this one that someone decorated with rocks.
We spent the day exploring Cade's Cove which is a valley of sorts within the mountains. Settlers first started a community there in the early 1800s and some of the historical buildings (and replicas) still stand today. We hiked a bit, drove a scenic loop, drank water from a spring, and just enjoyed the fresh mountain air.
We could have easily stayed a week, but sadly we only had the one night because we were headed to Knoxville the next day. I'm so glad we went to the extra effort to visit the Smokies though. It was worth it!











No comments:
Post a Comment