Sweet Conrad turned one last week! I'm always blown away how babies go from this...
.... to this is just one short year!
Conrad, you have brought us so much joy in this past year! One of the amazing things about having my fifth baby is how much I've just been able to enjoy this year. I feel like I know what I'm doing (for the most part). I've learned to function without much sleep, have mastered sleep schedules/training, etc. Things that worried me with Hazel are no big deal now. I've just been able to marvel in this sweet little guy and relish in every minute of him. He's also lucky because he's gotten to play and explore in ways I never let Hazel. For example, climbing up the slide at the park? I'll just stand here in case he falls off the edge. Eating dirt? Oh well, he's building an immune system. It sure makes for a happy baby!!
Conrad is a joy not just to us, but to everyone he meets. We often visit our dear friend Joanne in the memory care unit. This week we took cupcakes so she could help celebrate his birthday. He walked around the nursing home waving at all the residents and bringing smiles in abundance.
We celebrated his birthday with a few gifts, lots of hugs, and cake! Conrad loves to eat so it was no surprised he ate every bit of cake his little tummy could hold.
Conrad is such a busy little guy. He has been walking for six weeks already! He's now climbing and exploring everything. I'm worried I have another wild, fearless, accident attracting one on my hands. A few weeks ago he burned his hand when he stuck it under the steam mop while Eliza was doing her chore. Just yesterday he climbing back in to the car while we were unloading and then fell face first on to the concrete. He's going to keep us on our toes for sure. It seems appropriate that Orson just taught you to say uh-oh!
Always on the go!
He might be wild and active, but Conrad has such a tender heart. His first sign was "I love you" and most of the words/signs he knows now are names. He signs and says "Mama" and "Dada". He also "says" the names of each of the kids. Other people may not understand him, but he has a word for each of their names and it is adorable. "Ha-zuh" "Zi-za" "En-uh-ah" and "O-sou" are his best friends. He wakes up each morning calling for his siblings to come get him out of bed to play. They all adore him!
This baby LOVES to eat! There isn't much he doesn't like or won't eat. I've never seen a baby eat as much as he does. Not that you would ever know since he's all of 18 1/2 pounds. He's still nursing but I'm not sure for how much longer. I'm going to miss nursing my babies!
Conrad, we are so glad to have you in our family. When I see pictures of myself with five kids around me I think, "wow, that's a lot of kids!" But I'm so thankful for each one of you. After all, if I didn't have five, I'd never have had you!























No comments:
Post a Comment