Sunday, June 9, 2019

Kentucky Bucket List Part 1

We're trying to fit in as many of the things we've wanted to do here as possible before we move. First up....

- Daniel Boone's Grave and State Capitol - 
Michael took the kids to visit Daniel Boone's grave one day so I could get the house cleaned and ready to photograph. Daniel Boone was Michael's great-great-great.... grandfather. 


 - Shaker Village -
I took the kids on a home school field trip to restored Shaker village. I didn't know much about the Shakers and it was fascinating to learn more about them. The Shakers here in Pleasant Hill designed and built the first public water system. They had running water in their homes before the White House! Of course the chickens, pigs, and gardens were also a huge hit!

They also built the most amazing rock walls....



 I'm going to miss these Kentucky views!


- Ale8 Factory Tour - 
Ale8 is a classic Kentucky soda that tastes like a citrus ginger ale. Michael loves it and insisted we go on the free factory tour. It was lots of fun! Our Kentucky boy Conrad got his first sip of Ale8 and he loved it! 


 Stay tuned for more of our Bluegrass adventures...

No comments: