Monday, October 14, 2019

Remembering an Incredible Man


The beginning of September we headed to Colorado to celebrate the life of my remarkable Grandpa - Robert Smith. He was a skilled musician who played dozens of instruments. He had more jobs in his lifetime than anyone I've ever known - taxi driver, tire factory worker, nursing home director, vending machine business owner and operator, cruise ship dance partner, and the list goes on. Grandpa was full of love for his kids and grandkids. They were his pride and joy. It was fitting that all 19 of his great-grandkids were there to celebrate his life. This is the first time they've all ever been together! 
All 19 Great-Grandkids

It was a wonderful celebration of his life. Grandpa didn't want a funeral of people mourning over him. I think he would have been so happy to see his posterity visiting, sharing favorite memories, eating, playing, and laughing. All of my parents grandkids sang his favorite Primary song because we could celebrate his life without a bit of music. 
Grandkids (minus 2) and Great-Grandkids
Children, Grandchildren, Spouses, and Great-Greatkids
That's quite a group! 
Grandchildren

My Grandpa worked throughout his later years to preserve his memories, photos, documents, etc for future generations. He digitized a wealth of information, and it's incredible! Grandpa, I'll make sure these picture get added to your files so that every step of your remarkable life is together!

Andy and Family

Children plus Spouses
Chris and Family

Greg's Family






On a side note... Lenora share her birthday with her cousin Ben. This was the first time they've met. I think they're so adorable! 


Of course we will miss my Grandpa. But his health was failing badly, and he was ready to go home. He was greeted by his first wife Ann who died a short year after their marriage, my Grandmother, and three of their children. I'm sure he had a joyous reunion! 

No comments: