We found the most wonderful addition to our homeschool this year - forest school! We finish all our learning in four days a week so we can spend most of Thursday up the canyon enjoying the beauty, playing with friends, and learning from nature. It has been so great!
Obviously, it's tons of fun...
It's been so amazing to watch the seasons change...
Haley even joined us for Forest School one week!
Now the weather is turning cold. The trees are mostly bare, but it's still so beautiful. And cold weather means fires, hot chocolate, and roasting apples.
I have loved every minute of Forest School. I love seeing my kids explore and create in nature. I loved the fresh mountain air and beautiful views. I love feeling like we have a "break" day once a week without our normal school structure. I love how curious my kids have become about nature, and how much more they want to learn because of the time they spend up the canyon. Most of all, I love the weekly chance to slow down, enjoy the beauty of God's creations, and remember why we're here on Earth. The outdoors are good for the soul!






















No comments:
Post a Comment