Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Fantastic Farrells

While Michael was in Atlanta for a few days presenting at a conference, the kids and I broke away from the monotony of February to visit our favorite people in the world - the Farrells! 

It was the most perfect, refreshing trip! The Farrells live on several acres of beautiful mountain up the canyon just outside of Pocatello. Their little winter wonderland is pretty magical! The best part was seeing these cute kids together again. They've all grown up a lot in the past few years, but seeing them play you'd think no time had passed at all. I'm so glad they're all still best friends! 
Tabby and Lenora
Eliza and Abe
Hazel and Rose

The Farrells built an ice skating rink in their backyard. How cool it that!?! The kids were in heaven. 


And once they were cold everyone warmed up in the hot tub. 



Cute Asher let Conrad help him cook breakfast in the morning. My boys were in awe of Asher and think he's the coolest person ever.

On our second day the kids dressed up as Greek gods and goddesses and enjoyed a feast.

But I'm not sure who had more fun on this trip, the kids or Heather and I. It was SO good to spend time with her again! I'd forgotten just how wonderful she is and how much fun we have together. We talked, laughed, sewed, and enjoyed every minute of our time together. One night she taught me how to create black-out poetry which was so much fun!

Our trip was over far too soon. On our way home we drove by the beginnings of what will be the Pocatello temple. We are so blessed to have these Fantastic Farrells in our lives. And, now that we're closer we hope to see them much more often.

No comments: